Why are more and more people making the switch?
The argument of natural vs synthetic beauty products have been going on for years. Is a chemical filled product really that bad for me? Here are a few reasons of why natural is the way to go.
If you wouldn't eat it, don't put it on your skin
- 60% of what you put on your skin gets absorbed into it. On average a woman will consume 4 pounds of lipstick in her life. In raw products this is great because we can get all of the vitamins and minerals. However, in chemically fabricated products this means also absorbing all of the artificial ingredients and toxins. It's always best to choose a product that you think of like food. Having honey and avocado on your face sounds so much better than chemicals and additives.
- Using natural and sustainably sourced products have a greener effect on the planet. When we wash off these synthetic products at the end of the day, it goes down the drain and back into the ground. The by-product of these toxins in the environment is substantial. Real unrefined products don't have chemicals in them, therefore when they go back into the earth they are much more environmentally friendly.
Long Term Savings
- This one is simple! Products with a chemical base are in most cases pricier than naturally derived ones. In the long term you will end up saving more.
- Artificial fragrances are used in many unnatural products to hide the smell of chemicals and to make the product smell more appealing. These fragrances often cause many people terrible headaches and side effects. Products that are naturally scented or use unrefined scents which will help you skip the unnecessary side effects.
No Side Effects
- When using heavy chemical products, our bodies absorb toxins. These ingredients can effect many of our bodily systems overtime. Allergies, sensitivities, hormone imbalances and infertility issues have increased tremendously in the last decades from these synthetics. Most side effects from synthetic additives are still being discovered, and it is unknown what they can truly do to the body in the future.
When choosing natural products, you're not only making your beauty and the environment a priory, but also your health.